Sunday, January 14, 2007

Woo Hoo!! We're going on a road trip...

As I mentioned being on 56k, all the pictures are gonna have to wait til I really have time to sit down and load them up. Meanwhile, Kaiping and I have decided to go on a road trip leaving tomorrow morning, with the final destination being Rayong. We pretty much haven’t planned anything so we’re just gonna hop in my car and hopefully there’ll be a cheap hut or a bungalow for us to stay in tomorrow night (in a non-gay manner).

Bangkok so far has been pretty good to me as always. But I must say all the bombings and disturbances that have been going on in the country lately have been upsetting me a lil. And to be honest, what the future of the people of Thailand is like doesn’t look too vivid. But I don’t wanna go into that.

Shopping, tho has been even better than ever this trip round. I’m not too sure why but clothes especially the designs on the cheap t-shirts have become very nice at a lot of shopping spots. Cake, Pie and I were at Jatujak (the weekend market) and everywhere I looked I found something I liked. And it was all so cheap…even cheaper than how it used to be, as far as I can remember from the previous years.

The standards of the department stores have also been raised way higher than before. Yea, may be products may have gotten just a lil more pricey, but I found the whole shopping experience at these stores to be even much more fun. What used to be the World Trade Centre was bought up by the Central chain and became Central World Plaza, which I personally think is awesome.

Anyways, I shall keep shopping for there is still much more to be explored and much more to be seen. But first, I must get some sleep soon for the next few days there’ll be a lot of driving to be done and I won’t want to scare Kaiping by dozing off behind the wheel.

Goodnight!

4 comments:

nabeel said...

Can't wait for the pics. Happy New Year!

Subliminal Transmission said...

Happy New Year, Nabeel! We just got back from the trip. I'm gonna try to post up the pix now.

Asha said...

Where are they? I see none and it's an abomination! I'm excited too, can you tell?

Subliminal Transmission said...

hehe patience my friends. I'm still loading them up. Won't be too long :)