Monday, April 09, 2007

My very own Engrish collection

Subliminal-Transmission proudly presents its very own collection of the Engrish culture. These pictures of my Engrish encounters were taken using a mobile camera so apologies for the quality inferior to best. Enjoy...


Location: Siam Square, Bangkok

I think they meant please don't bring food into the shop.
+ + + + + + +



Location: Siam Paragon, Bangkok

Shame..very nice/posh shopping complex..lovely cafes&restaurants..Ruddish?

+ + + + + + +


Location: Carrefour Soi 26, Bangkok

Isn't it usually the opposite? Either they missed out the 'Don't' or they like their toilets clogged up. Well, I cooperated.

+ + + + + + +


Location: Tawana Hotel, Bangkok

Ok, may be this one does make sense in a way..But still caught my attention, especially how there was this hairy arabic dude sitting right next to it.

+ + + + + + +


Location: The 2006 Royal Horticultural Exposition, Chiang Mai

This was a sign this guy had put on one of the steps leading up to a little Thai house. He saw us giggling at the sign so he walked over and said in Thai 'you guys can go up if you want..but do it quick!!'. Hehe.

+ + + + + + +


Location: Royal Kitchen Chinese Restaurant, Bangkok

May be it's just me but I found this one funny, ok?

+ + + + + + +



Location: Toys 'R' Us, Bangkok

This one I totally don't get. Did they mean don't count how many barbie dolls there are? But I can't imagine how counting barbie dolls can be bad. Don't count? Any idea, anyone?

+ + + + + + +


Location: Food Stall, Chiang Mai

They either meant 'All You Can Eat' or everything on the menu is edible.

5 comments:

Nabil Latif said...

hahahahahaha!

the thing i love about engrish is that the comments under the pictures are usually just as funny, and these are no exception.

hahaha some of these were hilarious. i think my fav is 'you can eat all'

Asha said...

That was awesome! I'm amazed you noticed all that stuff, not that you're not perceptive, but I'm not. Kudos for a fabulous post!

Subliminal Transmission said...

Hehe.. glad you guys liked it. Will keep an eye out for more next time.

Anonymous said...

I like DONT FOOD

Anonymous said...

after knowing engrish website, i often revisited. it was fun.
may be i;ll send you some pictures if i come across with somes funny ones.