Saturday, March 31, 2007

Pardon me while I randomly ramble away...

Ok..I'm taking a break from my IB essay, which is due on Tuesday (I think....I better check after this). Really, I wanna be dota-ing with the guys at Candidette's place tonight but if I dont get this done, I'm doomed..because there's also an exam on Monday! And many many more upcoming assignments after that. Ahh!! But I'll survive.

Here's something I've always wondered, if anyone knows anything about this, please enlighten me. When you moisturise your skin right? Does the cream that gets absorbed into you go join the layer of fat underneath your skin? I've asked friends and they all look at me weird but if you think about it... A lot of companies advertise their moisturising products to be 'fast absorbing'. Does that mean your skin doesn't feel sticky because the product goes under your skin fast and becomes a layer of fat? And if so, it should be able to get metabolised? I remember wondering this during my IB years at school, when I used to moisturise my mid-section a lot (don't ask why) and over time, the area kinda expanded. May be I was eating too much of my ex's superb tiramisu, but I seriously thought that the moisturiser helped contribute.

Today, I also learned something new... always make sure you wash your hands very very thoroughly after cooking with hot chillies before you go pee. Because it stings pretty bad. May be for girls it's not as bad cause you don't need to use your hand to hold anything while you're peeing?? (I assume). So next time, I'll remember to wash my hands better!!

I don't know if it's just me or do other people get this too..when I see something I know I shouldn't touch, I really wanna touch to see what it's like or how it feels. I'm not saying I go around grabbing boobs or touching other people's belongings. I mean when I see a hot pan or a sharp edge, I'm tempted to have a feel. Normally, I'm able to contain myself. But two days ago I went downstairs for a swim and to use the sauna. In the sauna was no one but the sauna unit and I. So I thought it was a good opportunity for me to try out something I've always wanted to; to touch those rocks they put on a sauna heater because they don't look hot. So I went ahead and had a feel and Damn!! it was HOT!!! But at least now I know.. and as much as it hurted, I felt much satisfaction inside of me.

Anyways, thanks for reading. Better get back to the essay...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah just realised those never really look hot.. but again don't think i would touch it haha =p

Asha said...

Oh man Jet, I never knew what a freak you were! Just kidding. I think I have the same problem, only with smell. As for the moisturizer thing...it is hydrating so maybe it's boosting water retention hence the bloated belly? I think the moisturizer is supposed to go into your skin cells, adding moisture and causing them to expand (links back to the bloating?) I guess I really don't have answers, but I loved your post, I laughed out loud countless times!

Subliminal Transmission said...

Hehe thanks for trying to explain the moisturiser thing, Asha. And I'm glad you enjoyed the post :)

The Nomadic Ink Slinger said...

I know how you feel about wanting to touch things that you shouldn't. Every time I look at a sizzling pan or the glowing electric stove, I'm SO tempted to put my hand on it. Maybe it's like love -- you won't stop till you've been burnt.

Subliminal Transmission said...

Good to know there's someone out there who understands, Michele ;)

Nabil Latif said...

haha ive touched those rocks before, not because i have the same problem as you but i was dared to do it haha