Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And it happened again.. Why me....

Yea so just now I was walking out of the train station minding my own business, listening to my iRiver when this aussie guy came in front of me...

Aussie guy: Excuse me!! Excuse me!!

So I took my headphones off..

How come you Asian guys are so *omitted due to obscenity*?

Me: Err I don't know. (oh crap, what kinda shit have I run into here)

Aussie guy: Is it because of the way you guys eat? What do you guys eat?

Me: MMmm I don't think so.

Aussie guy: So where do you live?

Me: Just down there. I pointed towards the direction I thought best opposed my apartment. Haha.

And then the shit hits the fan..

Aussie guy: Well, I'm actually looking for a partner.... to wrestle with.

Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie guy: See I'm a wrestler and you Asian guys these days seem much bigger than how it used to be when I was at uni.

Me: Ok! Bye!!

See, I would have liked to tell myself it was some sort of a prank or a dare his friend got him into. But it looked like he was on his own and he had this determination in his eyes of how much he wanted to wrestle.

Shit man, why do these things always happen to me. I would not be complaining if it was a girl (although, would still have been a bit weird). But when these things happen to me, it's always some mental bum chum.

Anyways now that I'm on the topic, I got more to elaborate. But so far, what I'm about to tell you only happens in male public toilets in Bangkok, as far as I'm concerned. You girls, and I believe also a large number of guys probably don't think much goes on in Bangkok's male toilets. But you're wrong, there's a lot more to it than just discharging wastes.

Ok, no matter which toilets I go to in Bangkok, can be in an upmarket mall or just a public W.C. off the street, there is a certain type of guys who spend an awfully long time in these vicinities. Not because they've been drinking too much water but they're there for their viewing pleasures. And I notice that they all follow very similar steps.

First they roam around the washing basins, which are usually situated near the bathroom entrance. When a person walks in, they check you out and then decide whether to follow you or not. If you're the chosen victim, they would walk after you and park at the urinal right next to yours and pretend to be peeing. As a normal man would agree, the standard rule is to look straight at the wall in front of you and keep your eyes there or you can just look down at your own hose, that's ok. But as conspicuous as it is, these creeps stare into your urinal, look up at your face, down to the urinal, up at your face etc... until you're done. And let me tell you, when someone's paying attention to you when you're peeing, urinating becomes a difficult task. That's not the end. They will then follow you back to the washing basin and watch you wash your hands and look at your face through the mirror (I don't understand this part and why they do it). After that, they stay by the sinks to look for a new victim.

Believe me this really goes on in the toilets in Bangkok. I know because the first time I started noticing the sort of activities, I stayed back to watch what they get up to. A lot of guys probably don't notice this, but if you take time to look out..you'll see. And like me, you'll start using the cubicles instead. So dad, Kaiping..you guys better watch out.

Alright. Enough gay material for the day..Back to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no !

Anonymous said...

lol... poor you.. good looking gor ngia ah lae.. now i'm grateful dat gals hv seperate cubicles!

Asha said...

What was the deleted expletive?? That story really does creep me out, that would so note fly in a ladies room. I get freaked out enough when there's too big a gap between the door and wall, people can SEE me! Poor you and all men.

Anonymous said...

dude, it just happened to me recently, and at central chidlom of all places!
kai