Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hachimaki o kudasai

Well, first thing I wanna say is the weather in Melbourne has become really soothing this weekend and I am extremely happy about it. It just makes everything so much nicer.

A perfectly mild Saturday afternoon

On the flip side, I've been a little ill. Aching joints, sore throat, radiating heat and pulsating head... But I started feeling better. So yesterday afternoon I decided it was time to do a bit of cleaning around my room (which has been loooooong overdue). By the end of the day, I was so proud of how clean my room felt and how nice my bathroom smelt.

The sight of my bed makes me so sleepy

Other than that, I had been interested in checking out Afro Samurai for a while. Then I got to watch all five episodes, courtesy of Noelle and John (who have also kindly burnt all five episodes onto a CD for me) and I must say I really liked it. Afro Samurai is coolness. I love how they have immaculately blended oldschool samurai culture with bits of modern elements.

Afro Samurai is coolness

I must admit my favourite character was one that probably had the smallest role and probably had one line throughout the whole series. It's Brother 3 from the Empty Seven Clan. I of course thought it was really cool how he's forever moving his head to the music through the headphones that are never to be taken off. I think it's his un-hostile attitude and sense of respect for his enemy that make him so cool... attempting to offer his enemy rice and tea, before fighting one of his brothers, mildly asking for the 'number 2 headband' as an alternative to fighting... 'Hachimaki o kudasai'... Such a cool guy.

Hachimaki o kudasai

Now that I've seen all 5 episodes, I just wish there were more...

No comments: