Friday, September 22, 2006

Hey! Its that guy!

In reference to Mr. Spaceman Spiff's blog on 19.09.06, I came across this book the other day as I was killing time at Borders. The book's title is 'Hey! It's that guy!' by Tara Ariano. Quite self-explanatory, really. I flipped through the book and was chuckling by myself for each of the actor's page, the title would be 'Hey! It's that loud, angry, belittling, hard assed drill sergeant', or 'Hey! It's that loser, who always wears thick glasses.' A useful guidebook to have lying around in your living room.

Amazon's got this interactive online reader, which let's you have a look at the sample of the book here.

I didn't end up buying the book, but I bought something else instead; Ricky Gervais' 'More Flanimals', the second of the Flanimals series. The book is pretty much a picture book with hilarious guide to the evolution of Flanimals, the Flanimal kingdom and Flanimal behaviour (hehehe) among other Flanimal facts. Let me introduce you to some of the species.
This here is Horosi Horasi a.k.a. Razus Razus.
He is of the Scrabulatory Skruntling specie and
is known to be the fastest Flanimal on the planet.
He is capable of reaching 50 mph because he
possesses legs that go absolutely mental.

Next, this guy is Glonk. He doesn't do much

I have no idea who this is.

But yea.. also bought a few more books. Might talk about them another time. Among them, John Burdett's 'Bangkok Eight' since I'm really enjoying 'Bangkok Tattoo'.

k..I'm off to meet more Flanimals.

2 comments:

The Nomadic Ink Slinger said...

They're SOOOO cute! I want a Glonk. A useless Glonk that sits around all day...haha...wait..that's Am and I...two Glonks.

Subliminal Transmission said...

hehe yes.. I like Glonk, too. I wonder if he can do any house chores.