Saturday, September 30, 2006

Randomania

One of my favourite flash cartoons on the internet has to be David Firth's 'Salad Fingers'. While all the episodes take the meaning of weirdness to a whole new level, I LOVE IT..(not that being weird is a bad thing, right?). Being a solo artist, Firth boasts creativity allover his Salad Fingers episodes. The eerie music in the background, which he claims is based on samples from Boards of Canada, sets the vibe the cartoon emits very different from anything I've seen out there.

Here's the first episode called 'Spoons': An introduction to Mr. Fingers as he pays a small child a visit. And if you're in the mood for something peculiar, watch all seven episodes.

Firth's work is featured on the website: www.fat-pie.com. There you can find his other cartoon series, all guaranteed to be weird. A word of warning, tho..some of the episodes may leave you in sorrow for hours. So if gloomy cartoons doesn't sound like your cup of chocolate, avoid the 'Spoilsbury Toast Boy' and the 'Milkman' series.

+ + + + + + +

Has any of you ever felt that some of Pink's and the Veronicas' songs are suspiciously similar? Well, not only are Pink's 'U+Ur Hand' and the Veronica's '4ever' written by the same guy (Gottwald), the songs have pretty much been constructed with the exact same chords. Check out this cool vid on youtube.. Pink VS. Veronicas

Despite not being a big fan of pop music, I actually like both these two songs. Plus I think Pink's cool anyways..

+ + + + + + +

I think I'm used to the fact that I don't look like I'm from Thailand but I don't really know why I always get mistaken for a Korean. I'm saying this because lately I've been having random people on the streets coming up to ask if I'm Korean. Then when I say I'm not.. they just piss off.. Weirdos!!

Anyhoooo, I was just watching this US TV-series called 'Monk' by Andy Breckman, starring Tony Shalhoub. I had been seeing the ad on TV for the series so I thought I'd give it a try over tonight's dinner. Five minutes in and I found myself hee-hawing on the couch.

The story follows Detective Adrian Monk (Shalhoub), who has an extreme case of an obsessive-compulsive disorder. The funniest bits are when he breaks into his super anal rituals haha, among other funny things he does. I wonder what it'd be like to have to really work with a person like him.

+ + + + + + +

Tonight's dinner: Porterhouse with Tofu Rocket Salad (fusion cuisine, no?)


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Jet, you wanna move to London to be my cook? HAHA. I will also provide you with the pink dress apron that so captivated Mobe! Great food pics, though not sure about the tofu rocket...gotta try that one day when I am feeling adventurous.

Subliminal Transmission said...

oh tofu rocket was good man.. how much will you pay me if i come cook for you?

Dominicgwg said...

+ 1 for the Salad

+ 3 for the steak

- 2 ...no grilled potatoes

Subliminal Transmission said...

haha cutting down the carb, moite!

Unknown said...

If you come to cook for me, can I pay you in Baht???

Anonymous said...

yea as long as its converted from £

Anonymous said...

Jet, you and your salad fingers, when you asked me to watch that, I had no idea the absolute DISTURBINGNESS that would occur. Was totally freaked for quite a while...but thanks, broaden my horizons and gave good arsenal for people I would like to scare...

Subliminal Transmission said...

hahah yes.. it can be a lil disturbing at times.