Monday, November 13, 2006

A Day in the Life of Jet

Woohoo!! No more exams.

So today, there was this weirdo guy in the changing room at the gym. I had seen him before and thought he was very weird but today he was even weirder. In fact, the only place in the gym I've seen him is in the changing room. He's this lil Asian dude, who walks around wrapped in his white towel around his waist, low enough to make other guys rather uncomfortable. I mean it's normal for guys to walk about naked, just minding their own business in the changing room in a non-gay manner. That's ok. But this guy walks around half naked in an obscene way, constantly looking at himself in the mirror, and at other guys.

So anyways, fair enough if you wanna be weird then it's ok just leave other people alone, you know. After kickboxing, I walked in and he was looking at me. I walked to the basin to wash my hands and he followed and stood there. Then, I went to the aroma room and again, he followed and sat next to me. Then, he turned to me and asked if I had finished working out.

Me: 'Yea, I'm done' I tried keeping it at that. But he wanted to talk...

The weirdo guy: 'Haven't seen you here before. Have you just started coming here?'

Me: 'No.. I've been coming here a while.'

The weirdo guy: 'Oh ok. I come here a lot but I don't use the gym. I like the sauna and the changing room.'

Me: ?!??!

Some people are just strange.

Being a cheapo, I dropped by Borders to read some magazines and to JB Hi-Fi to check some DVD's on the way home. I found this digitally remastered dvd boxset of one of my all time favourite movies: Event Horizon. It looks something like this...

And this...

Awesome. I also stopped by this pet shop to look at some kitties they had on display. Very cute. Too bad we can't keep pets in our apartment.

I got home just in time before it started drizzling. I actually like it when it rains and I'm inside, especially at night. I sleep well when it rains, as long as there're no thunders to wake me up.

It was time to cook and roast turkey was on the menu. I opened the pantry and thought to myself that may be some of the vegetables had been in there for a lil too long. For example,

And...

I should buy less potatoes next time. Anyways, dinner looked something like this...

Half way through the meal, Pie barged in through the front door, screaming without sound 'Help! Help! There's a worm on my sweater'. FYI, worms are Pie's worst nightmare. Here's what the lil guy looked like after I flicked him off of Pie's stomach...

Poor guy. He didn't make it so we threw him in the bin. Well, I threw him in the bin as Pie went to shower and wash all her clothes she had on *roll eyes*.

Now that I'm about to go to bed, I've just seen a bruise on my right foot. Gotta take it a lil easy on the pads.. hehe.

Thanks for reading about my day. Goodnight everyone. ZZzzzzzzz

Woohoo!! No more exams..ZZZZzzzzz

13 comments:

nabeel said...

Goddamn that's hardcore. That DVD box looks awesome too. Anything extra in that set? I've seen the movie like a million times. I'm really jealous of your cooking skills by the way. Maybe in the holidays I'll try and learn some dishes.

The Nomadic Ink Slinger said...

HAHAHA! *oh man*...that's classic. You were hit on by a gay man at the gym! What a cliche!

Alysia S. said...

muen dek... seriously.

Anonymous said...

a nightmare in the gym bathroom.

Dominicgwg said...

hahaha someone has an admirer.

Someone must have told the dude you can cook!

I was just thinking of what Shiv or Dev might do in your position jet... haha

Anonymous said...

ur pic of the worm.. T_T

Candidette said...

feeling a little threatened by a small guy in a small towel? what happened to "Step up *&&^%^&%*&^$!"

uh huh

castlesinthesky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
castlesinthesky said...

That's not a worm - that's a caterpillar that'll, one day, grow up into a loverly butterfly. And there's nothing wrong with worms - they make soil rich and glorious for flowers to grow in.

The one to watch out for are leeches - these wet, black, squishy creatures drop out of trees or crawl out of wet undergrowth to latch on to any exposed skin that catches the attention of their heat-seeking sensory tissues, where they will suck your blood until they balloon to twice their size and fall off.

If you do get hit by one (or more) of them - remove them by putting the lit end of a cigarette near them and they will seal up their bite, roll up, and fall off. Another way is salt, but that tends to leave their bite open for blood to escape - and pulling them off is worse because the little monsters hold on tight.

Subliminal Transmission said...

oohhhh you don't have to tell me bout the leeches. You should have seen my feet during the Duke of Edinburgh expedition back in highschool. There must have been well over 30 on both feet.

After long hours of trekking with lighters in both hands, as we mastered the technique of the rapid 'toast flick', we gave up and just ignored them and just let them suck all they wanted.

So for the rest of the expedition, my feet were covered in blood and lil slimy black things. I guess the fact that I wore slippers to the trek made it worse hehehe.

Nabil Latif said...

this is cool man.

i cant wait to start my dvd collection, been wanting to do this for a while but havent got around to it.

we don't have the same tastes though haha but i really love faulty towers.

I'd stock up on tv shows first. simpsons, seinfeld, mind your language, curb your enthusiasm, frasier, futurama, its only sunny in philadelphia, scrubs.

lot of tv i watch man haha

Nabil Latif said...

ah shit man i posted in the wrong place

i was trying to comment on your dvd collection.

i havent slept in two days haha

Nabil Latif said...

In fact, the only place in the gym I've seen him is in the changing room.


The weirdo guy: 'Oh ok. I come here a lot but I don't use the gym. I like the sauna and the changing room.'


^hahahaha i couldnt stop laughing at those bits.