Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sidyodtong

I finally got a chance to go check out the Muay Thai gym Kenny trains at. It was in a way what I had expected. Very down-to-earth, low-tech, Thai countryside style boxing camp with Thai country music playing on a cheap boombox in the background. At times, it actually felt like I was back in Thailand somewhere out of Bangkok.

So I knew this was the place for me to start training at. Not that I don't like training with Ernie.. Ernie's great but I have always wanted to train at a Thai camp with a Thai ex-fighter. I would have taken a picture of what the place looks like but I didn't wanna look like a tourist in there. So may be some other time. And I'll post up some pix.

Sidyodtong camp basically has half a dozen punching bags of different shapes and/or sizes. I guess it was so you could depict fighting both fat and thin fighters. Haha. There's also an open floor with mirrors for shadow boxing, and of course a boxing ring for some sparring/technical work. Scattered across the gym are all sorts of Muay Thai equipments and other fighting/fitness related gear, and of course pictures of HM the King of Thailand. Other than that, I must say the equipment and machines for weight trainings are inadequate, but that's what is usually expected of Muay Thai gyms. So I think I shall stick with fitness first for weights/biometrics stuff.

Obviously, I got excited with all this. In fact, I think I was a bit too overly excited and should have taken it a little easier on the punching bags. Now I'm waiting for my right shin and ankle to stop swelling and turning purple. Hehe. I was gonna put up a picture but decided against it. I still want people to come read my blog.

Anyways, a place like this is definitely rare in Melbourne let alone Australia and I'm happy to have found it. I shall have a lot of fun training there and I'll try to get some pictures up. Now, I really need to sleep. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Nabil Latif said...

where is this place?